Are you unsure if you should seek further help after reviewing our signs and symptoms? Here are several links to take quick depression and anxiety checklist assessments*:
Key benefits of the checklists:
• Identify areas of concern
• Print out the test to bring to your physician or clinician
• Take another positive step toward feeling better
*Please note: With any self-test or checklist, results are for informational purposes only and not a diagnostic tool. Regardless of results, if you are not "feeling yourself", a consultation with your physician or other helping professional knowledgeable about perinatal or postpartum difficulties would be the best option. Remember, you are not alone and help is available.
How Counseling Helps
Counseling provides you with an opportunity to sit down with someone who is objective, and capable of offering insights and alternatives for solving life’s problems. More importantly, a therapist is an expert who can show you ways of ridding yourself of negative thoughts or behavior patterns and adopting constructive new ones.
The Seasons of Life Counseling and Training Center specializes in helping women and their families prepare for and adapt to the stressful and often difficult transition pregnancy & a new baby can bring.
Services We Provide
The Seasons of Life Counseling and Training Center is a resource new parents, physicians, & family therapists can rely upon to provide the best care possible. THIS IS OUR SPECIALTY and we are here to help! Center services include:
• Individual and/or Family therapy
• PPD support groups (may refer to community if no current groups offered)
• Most insurance plans accepted, including Medicaid
• Established working relationship with most local OB-GYN practices
• Risk screening tools
• Psychiatrist referral for medication management
• Specialists in Marriage & Family
• Bi-Lingual therapist referrals available
• Group psychoeducational seminars and workshops
• Educational materials
• Community resources network
• Hospital privileges
Contact The Seasons of Life Counseling and Training Center if you have the above listed symptoms, need to schedule an appointment, or are experiencing difficulty. We will be happy to schedule an appointment or refer you to a specialized colleage in the community. Our center works on an insurance-for-service basis (no sliding scale available).
Phone: (210) 497-0800
Fax: 210) 492-2630
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: No correspondence due to confidentiality, but a call to schedule an appointment will be generated)
1122 West Blanco
San Antonio, Texas 78232
All new mothers need to take special care of themselves following delivery. It may be helpful to new mothers to:
• Talk about feelings with other mothers to help keep things in perspective
• Set aside time to spend with partners to relax
• Get plenty of rest; nap when the baby is sleeping
• Eat a nutritious diet; avoid sugar, caffeine and alcohol
• Get moderate exercise, even if its just walking around the block a few times
• Let family and friends help with childcare and household chores
• Find time to do something enjoyable for a brief time each day
• Remember who YOU are and plug back into who you were before baby
• Keep a journal as a way to release feelings
• Remember its okay to feel overwhelmed. Having a baby means many changes and it can take some time to adjust.
Babies do not come with instruction manuals & there's no tech support!